Lucas Dental offers Cerec, the world’s leading most advanced system for restorative dentistry. CEREC is a sophisticated CAD/CAM system for the production of all-ceramic inlays, onlays, partial crowns, veneers and crowns for anterior and posterior teeth.
Cerec is used in our practice to replace old silver amalgam fillings which have failed, fractured, decayed or because you just want them out and a better material placed.
Some patients want their metal fillings removed so to remove any traces of heavy metal from their mouths, in order to stay healthy and amalgam free, Cerec is the answer.
The advantages of a cerec filling are that they are:
- Long lasting
- Look natural
- Require less drilling, less time and fewer injections
- Optical impression instead of old full mouth gagging trays.
How does it work?
- Once the cavity is prepared the dentist uses an intraoral camera wand to take serval images of the preparation.
- Based on the images the software creates a virtual model of your mouth and then proceeds to design a beautiful white ceramic restoration which will fits to the preparation.
- By wi-fi technology the information is sent to a milling machine which will cut the restoration from a coloured material block of porcelain in approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Once the restoration is made it is a matter of trying it in, then bonding it in place. With a final polish, all is done.
If you are interested in how CEREC ceramic restorations can benefit your smile, please arrange a consult with one of our highly skilled and caring dentists by contacting us here or call us direct on 08 8293 2086.